Tuesday, November 04, 2008

and Yes, I am a Republican...

...75.3% of the time!

In the past I didn't have an itch to go out and excercise my right to choose a presidential candidate, much less vote for a measure to ban same-sex marriage, starbucks, or french fries. ;-)

I can tell you that if there is a measure to ban those coffee shops and greasy potatoes, the WMD of the world, I will unquestionably vote Yes.

For ban on same-sex marriage, the most controversial and hotly-contested measure here in California, hmmm....it's anyone's guess to figure out where I really stand on that issue.

Anyhoo...today is my first time to vote on a US election tho I've been a citizen of this most polarized country in the world for more than a decade now.

And why now?

For one, I can honestly admit I am not an Obama fan. In fact, during the primary, I was hoping that woman, what's her name again?, ahh Hilary.., to win it all for the Democrat so the Republican Big Mac can whip her you know what a#$* today.

But long story short, tomorrow, if not later tonight, we will find out who the next Big Kahuna to replace the now very unpopular "W". I have a good feeling "O" will win it all...

Oh well...doggone it, I still have Sarah Palin come 2012...you betcha! wink wink :-)

I'm just glad I didn't have to get in line today to vote. I mailed mine last Friday...

...my first!

Most people say you will always remember the first time. ;-)

6 Comments:

At 11/04/2008 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off, i really admire your honesty and candidness mr. webmaster not only based on this post but in all your previous entries. if i may be allowed my two-cent worth of observations though...take note, not comment really because i won't be questioning your choices & predispositions as it won't be the right thing to do...

why the reservations in being a republican? if you're one, aren't you supposed to be one through and through? i think i know why... may i presume that it is the party you're voting for and not the not-so-popular candidate himself. i mean, admit it, if there had been a stronger contender i bet you'd be a 110% republican...just my supposition here...hehehe...

you're not a big fan of "O"?...is that it my dear mr. webmaster? sadness... but i'm glad you're still like most of us, a populist at heart... you see, i'm actually rooting for Ate Vi to run for VP though so on that score, we're on the same side... (as if..hahaha)

the first time?...oh yes indeed... the thing about it is that you know that it's something continuing and you always look forward to the next one...

 
At 11/04/2008 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

75.3%???

Sounds pretty well-calculated mr webmaster. I wonder what formula you used to get to that percentage. haha

 
At 11/05/2008 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations America! Another 2.5 months of transition and 'W' will be out of DC (get him out of there, quick!). What a relief.
I really feel sorry for the next president as he inherited so many crap as a result of 'Georgie' and his mob.
The world is looking forward to more cooperation from the US on sensitive/impoatant issues like climate change. Let's work together....good luck.

 
At 11/06/2008 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best of luck for the new administration , after making this historic event in politics , may we , the filipino people be treated genuinly as the true and oldest allies & FRIENDS of your so called great nation , peace and prosperity to all , GODBLESS , always!

 
At 11/06/2008 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

n a naughty side , speaking of "first", do you remember who is your first major crush? parang slumbook , what is crush , who is your crush? those were the days my friend , we thought it never end....

 
At 11/14/2008 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama, ain't he the guy we're looking for???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Counter