Easy Rider, Easy Lover
It took me 9 years to realize there’s a more fun, exciting, practical, and economical, environmentally-conscious (my own little way of reducing global warming) way to get to work from where I live. It’s not that I’m dumb or stupid not to figure that out early enough; I’ve just been ignoring it all those years because I love to drive my car.
A week ago, seeing gas prices climbed to almost $5 a gallon, and still climbing really fast like my blood pressure when things aren’t running smooth at work, I’ve decided enough is enough, I need a new lover!. After reviewing the transit system, I found a Commuter Express bus and quickly fell in love with it. It’s like my own private limousine to work! And it’s free for me because my employer operates it. I work for a government agency here in Lala-land, in case you didn’t know.
At 6:30 AM every week day, I park my car and meet “my love” at the train station; about 4 miles drive from my house. We navigate the road together safely and comfortably with my Ipod for about 25 minutes. Too bad, I’m not a Starbucks fan, I could have been riding the bus with more style…like some yuppie guy!
It’s at the corner a few blocks from our office where we go on separate ways; I, walking for about 7 minutes towards the office building with great confidence that I will see her again, as she continues her journey with her other lovers…and riders.
Excited to see her again later in the afternoon after a days work, at 5:00 PM, I walk back to where we last saw each other. I really can’t wait to see her...to ride in her. I didn’t mind the scorching heat of summer while walking towards our lover’s corner and wait for her. The good thing is, she’s never late on our date!
The summer heat is a small price to pay for the good things she’s done for me lately, a very comfortable, safe, and free ride. Not to mention the bus ride saves my car at least 200 miles per week. Dollar-wise? You do the math!
I couldn’t really ask for more? She’s the new love of my life and I couldn’t be happier.
Well, I lied! I could be happier if there’s a fully-air-conditioned bus shelter in that lover’s corner. Is that too much to ask? :-)
Although the heat is bearable, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask for one bus shelter to save my already dark skin from getting darker. Ok, ok, without air-conditioner is fine as long as there’s some shades I can hide from the sun. :-))
Anyway...if you have noticed the traffic runs smoother lately, you should know now the reason why...there’s one less car on the road...and one happy rider on the bus.
Three words saved my life from aggravation of maneuvering the daily traffic and possibly encountering road rage, and avoid paying the so uberly outrageous and ridiculous gas prices, my new love...
PUBLIC. TRANSPORTATION. SYSTEM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an article I wrote when our Transit Director at work asked for my feedback riding the bus. I revised it here a little bit with added picture and some "adult" reference ;-)
22 Comments:
Buti ka pa may 'lover', heheheh. As for me I'm easy alright, but I certainly am lover but not a rider kasi wala ako nung katulad mo. Kung puede nga lang gagawin ko din. Tagal na nga ako naghahanap ng 'lover' na yan pero wala pa rin talaga,hahahah.
Oh ano mga klasmeyts, any volunteers, heheheh, ung maghahatid sa ken sa work siempre with no strings attached, hahaha.
Ingat na lang mga kapatid sa ulan,heheheh.
darating din sa buhay mo ang iyong minimithing lover wag ka lang mag mainip..........GOD HAS PLAN'S FOR EACH AND EVERYONE ..............
ORLY
After the Storm...
Happy birthday Mr. Webmaster (June 23)...Uso ba ang bday leave dyan? If so, pa'no yan, you will miss your "lover"...And your "lover" will surely notice the empty "spot" especially meant for you...
Get a Prius!
Hey Egay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!
For sure, your lover is gonna be feeling HOT today.
I remember the last time I ride on a public transport (bus & train). That was in 1994. Oh men, it's really fun. I met a lot of friends w/ different stories.
Talking about cars, yes that Prius can save you a lot of money because it has only a 1.5 liter engine plus it runs on battery.
I test drive it a yr ago & it's really good but not good enough for me.
I prefer Ford Falcon. Medyo malakas lang sa fuel bec. it has a 6cyl 4liter engine w/c is more than twice the capacity of Prius but the power is really cool, I mean hot when I'm hot!!!
If I will work for someone else, then I might prefer to use Prius or public transport.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Webmaster. May you have many birthdays, more blessings and good health...cheers!
RSA from KSA
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!pA CHEESE BURGER NAMAN DYAN BURGER... BURGER........ BURGER......... FROM ORLY AND RACQUEL
Feliz cumpleanos, Egay. I wish you the best.
Hey, i love my Prius.
Egay, God bless you on your birthday. May the desires of your heart be granted...
May you and your family live long and healthy.
Cheers!
remember the TERMINAL song by rupert holmes,ok na background sa topic mo , 1977 hit yun ,,hello mga klasmeyts , musta kayo ?
kumadreng zen ,kamusta ? ay naku , kumpleto na bday nya , nagreet mo eh ! joke lang po .
egay , nawa'y makamit mo ang higit na ligaya sa tagumpay sa pagmamahal, sa iyong career , at ibayong good health , cheers to the birthday boy , sana di mo ipinost ito wearing your bday suit ....happy blessed birthday bro !cheers !
happy b-day mr. webmaster !!!!!
god bless
HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may you have many more birthdays to come.
hello mga ka-batchmate.
GOD Bless!!
Lisa anong desires ang ibig mong sabihin?
Happi B-DAY webmaster!!!!!!
Upps! May nakapansin din pala sa sinabi ni Lisa, akala ko ako lang. Ano nga ba yun, Lisa? Pero siguro si Mr. Webmaster na rin makakasagot sa kanyang mga "desires". Tabi-tabi po, nagtatanong lang.
naku, late na naman ako!
hapi b'day, mr. webmaster!
mwahhhh!
wish to wish the wish you wish!
Hey there, anonymous classmates,
Talagang binigyan nyo pa ng kulay ang desires...hahaha! nakaka aliw kayo.O baka pag sinabi kong may all your dreams come true, e tanungin nyo naman kung ano ang dreams Hehehe!
I just pray that God will give us good health, long and prosperous life!
ano kaya surnames ng mga 'anonymous' na ito. sa batch kasi natin wa naman akong kilalang ang name e anonymous. ang dami nyo tuloy magkakatukayo.di kaya nagalit ung mga priests na nag-baptize sa inyo. well, we're in a democracy. pakilala naman kayo, ang gumamit ulit ng anonymous, walang i-------!
Ibig sabihin nung "i------" is identity..hehehe!
thanks y'all for those greetings and warm wishes. it was a quiet day for me...but i prefer it that way.
i love prius but its not for me. too small!
i desire a bimmer...hehehhe
dream car ko rin yan , lalo yung x5 sports series na hybrid , libre naman kasing mangarap , pati pangarap nyo dear batchmates, sana matupad lahat , see you again sa reunion , stay happy , healthy , & GODBLESS !
LET IT HAPPEN
DON'T JUST DREAMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, sana tumama tayo sa LOTTTOOO at na magkatotooooooo.
Belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Mr Webmaster "God Bless You" and your Family its me TSA
Post a Comment
<< Home