Friday, June 09, 2006

Empowering Thoughts

I found this poem and thought i'd share it with you along with a picture of the famous "Boracay Sunset". Baka this poem will inspire you all to attend the reunion. I stumbled into it while blog-hopping...when I don't have much to write here. I can't stop reading it over & over again...I find it so inspiring! Sorry, writing poem is not my cup of tea...blogging is....maybe? :-)


Nelson Mandela apparently made this a more popular poem when he included it in his inaugural speech in 1994. Doing a little more research about it, Mandela actually quoted it from pages 190-91 of the 1992 edition of Marianne Williamson’s book, A Return to Love.

Empowering Thoughts
Author: Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate;
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God --- your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won't feel insecure around you.

We are born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone!
And, as we let our own candle shine, we consciously give others permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

3 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masyadong deep naman itong poem mo. I have to focus my thoughts para maintindihan (he he he)

Walang masyadong nagko-contribute ng comments. maybe, nasa bakasyon sila for the summer.

i'll check again my photo albums 4 some nice pics.

 
At 6/09/2006 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really inspiring. Makes us all believe that we are truly a special creature from Above. Ironically speaking, most people and that includes me, tend to forget about our reason for existence.

Here's one thing that I know and believe.. we are here for one reason alone and that is to magnify the greatness of the One up there thru our words and deeds.

Hope we could all be together on this very special day of our reunion and celebrate the many blessings that we have received. Most importantly to be there and reminisce once more all the good times that we had back then. Let's help make it as memorable and enjoyable to all.

See you all there!

 
At 6/09/2006 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and that is why i had to read it over & over again...too deep but i love it!:-)

can't wait to have more pics from u zen...cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Counter