Friday, February 03, 2006

Dear St. Dominic

I've always wanted to write to you since after I've spent my last few remaining days in your cradle on that scorching heat of summer of 1978.

I would like to thank you for all the things you've done to me.

Four years of stay with you taught me a lot about the ABC's of life. You witnessed my subtle existence, my growth as an individual, and the challenges and endeavors I faced along the way. You were there walking side by side with me while I feel the growing pains of learning life's formula and the foundation on how I should live.

What I am now, you were the one who defined my limitations, my values, my ethics, as well as my knowledge of who I should be or what i'm capable of becoming.

Without you, I could be nothing. Without you I could be somewhere else oblivious of the harsh realities of life. Without you, I wouldn't be here enjoying the fruits of my labor, the results of my struggles to understand the agreement between reality and it's subject...that life is a battle...that life is a journey worth taking.

Yes, there were lots of pains, but there was also hope.

After four years you gave me the freedom to go out there with enough convictions and tools to face new challenges. The end of my stay with you also marked the beginning of another with someone...to continue with what you have started..to learn the rest of the alphabet from D to Z... after you lovingly taught me life's ABC.

Thirty years ago I wouldn't be able to say all these things. I didn't have yet the full wisdom that I have now. The time spent with you had long ended, and had started on a different journey a long time ago. But I continued to live strongly and confidently, every moment of every day... even without you.

Nowadays, "carpe diem" has become a daily reflection to me...seize the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future anymore. Because I am now in the future we both dreamed 30 years ago.

...and I thank you!


Sincerely,
egay

12 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ano ba yan? Nakakaiyak naman. I'm happy for you that you feel that way towards SDA (not to St. Dominic).

 
At 2/03/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Batch '78 said...

zen, aba himala, napa-comment ka! kailangan pala pa-iyakin muna kita bago ka mag-post nang comment dito :-)

akala mo pang action at comedy lang ako ah...pwede rin ako sa drama at musical...at s'yempre pang romance din....hahaha

thanks for your comment...toodles!

 
At 2/03/2006 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

drama mo lang pala ang makakapagpapost ng comment kay zen. cge dramahan mo pa ang iba para mapilit-- hoy kayo dyan wag lang kayo basa ng basa--- comment din kayo kahit wala sa "hulog" para alam ni egay nandyan kayo. he!he! (parang ako yung wala sa "hulog"

 
At 2/03/2006 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bawi ako sa yo egay! Marami ka na nga inuubos na effort-- kasi di biro mag isip at magbitaw ng mga ganyan salita noh! nung dati kasi medyo "low profile" ka nun.

 
At 2/03/2006 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aba, akala ko kunwari lang SDA ang tinutukoy ni Egay. Sa sobrang tindi ng sinulat nya akala ko iba ang pinariringgan, hehe (babae and iniisip ko ha, sino kaya sya?). Hmmm, basta ako kahit na hilahin ninyo dila ko di ko sasabihin sa inyo kung sino ang crush ko, hehe. Sa kanya ko lang sasabihin yun at kailangan face to face, dyahe kasi. Hay buhay, pag ibig nga naman di mamatay matay kahit hukluban ng tunay, hehe.

 
At 2/05/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger Batch '78 said...

zen is right! i should have addressed it to SDA...to my dearest Alma....mater!

 
At 2/06/2006 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egay, talagang pinahahanga mo ako ng husto. Parang gustong tumulo ng aking mga luha sa mata. Masyadong matalinghaga ang iyong pananalita. All around ka na talaga kaya kailangang matuloy ang ating reunion dahil ang laki ng hirap mo dito. Saludo ako sa ito.

 
At 2/06/2006 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egay, talagang pinahahanga mo ako ng husto. Parang gustong tumulo ng aking mga luha sa mata. Masyadong matalinghaga ang iyong pananalita. All around ka na talaga kaya kailangang matuloy ang ating reunion dahil ang laki ng hirap mo dito. Saludo ako sa iyo.

 
At 2/06/2006 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks susan! inspired lang :-)

dapat lang na matuloy ang reunion...miss ko kayong lahat!

 
At 2/06/2006 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bakit kaya inspired si Egay nung ginawa nya tong topic na to. Hmmm, pag-ibig kaya ang nagpa inspire sa kanya? Talaga kayang SDA lang ang gusto nyang tukuyin dito? Sa ken kasi makakagawa lang ako nang magandang composisyon para sa irog ko, hehe. Pero nakagawa na din ako ng mga tula tungkol sa hayop, kulisap at mga puno pero ginagamit ko lang na metaphor sila tungkol sa gusto kong sabihin.
Hmmm, pag iskul ang topic medyo mabigat para sa ken na gumawa ng tula pero susubukan ko din. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata, hehe.

 
At 10/12/2006 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sa totoo lang.. I guess nauna yata kayo ng a year sa akin, pero I still remember some of the people dyan, ako pala si Teresa Baltazar (tessie) pero hanggang 1st year lang ako sa dominic, pero graduate ako ng Mababang paaralan, tapos tinapos ko na yung high school ko sa Manila, sa Osmena, marami akong gutong ma meet at makitang mga frens ko dyan, katulad nila Vina Eugenio, Elenita Paguia, si Mario Villasenor, help me naman oh..
Nasa Canada na kami for 25 years na.
Salamat

Tessie
baltazar_t@shaw.ca

 
At 10/13/2006 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tessie b...welcome to our website! i've been trying to refresh my memomry of you. i saw your name & pics sa alumni.net. i think i even sent u a message. perhaps you don't remember me either. i hope someone will recognize those lost friends u mentioned..di ko rin sila matandaan eh...i'll do my best to help you find them.

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Counter